Teen Depression From Where I Sit: Personal and Clinical Insights
A Free Webinar for Teens, Parents, School Counselors and Staff, Youth Workers, and Anyone Interested in Teen Mental Health
Thursday, September 29, 2016
7 PM ET / 4 PM PT
Register at www.familyaware.org/trainings
Families for Depression Awareness is presenting a free, 1-hour, 15-minute Teen Depression webinar on Thursday, September 29 at 7:00 PM ET / 4:00 PM PT. The program is designed for teens, parents, teachers, school counselors and staff, youth workers, and anyone interested in teen mental health.
Join us for a live webcast discussion with an expert in teen depression, a 15-year-old who has struggled with depression, and a parent with experience supporting a struggling teen.
During the webinar, you’ll hear — and be able to ask questions — about how to
• recognize depression in teens
• talk to teens about depression
• get help for a struggling teen
• address challenges such as the refusal of help.
About our Presenters:
• Dr. Satira S. Streeter is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist and the Founder and Executive Director of Ascensions Psychological and Community Services, Inc. in Washington, DC. She has dedicated her life to using her personal and professional experiences to provide culturally relevant and innovative mental health care and empowerment to the people of her community. Her work has been featured on NBC’s Nightly News’ “Making a Difference” segment,”WJLA ABC 7’s “Working Women,” The Washington Times, and Voices of America.
• Mayaah, age 15, is a sophomore in high school in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. She has depression but is doing well now, thanks to good treatment and a supportive family.
• Sherry, Mayaah’s mother, has been a significant support to her during her times of difficulty and wellness.
After the webinar, complete our online evaluation and we’ll send you a free set of Depression and Bipolar Wellness Guides for Parents and Teens, in English or Spanish.
Can’t attend the live webcast? Register today and watch the recorded webinar later at your convenience.
Register at www.familyaware.org/trainings.
Please share information about the free webinar with your network!
You may download the following documents for distribution. Please feel free to share these links with others. If you prefer to receive these documents as PDF files, please email me back and I will send them to you.
• Teen Depression Fact Sheet
• Teen Depression Webinar Flyer
I would love for you to forward this email to your distribution list, and have supplied links below to share on Facebook and Twitter.